WHEN TO CALL A LAWYER
When should I call a lawyer?
- The police want to interview you. Do not fool yourself into thinking you can ‘explain’ and stay out of trouble. Police are skilled interrogators.
- You are a suspect.
- You have a warrant for your arrest.
- A search warrant was executed on your residence.
- Your property was seized.
- The police searched your vehicle, found something incriminating and let you walk away.
- DCF is involved or your children have been taken away.
- You received a court date in the mail.
- You are injured in an accident.
- You have been arrested.